Texts of Slovak concordats and other Church-state documents
• Modus Vivendi with Czechoslovakia (1928)
• Birthday greetings for Hitler (19 April 1940)
• RC clergy's Declaration of loyalty to the Fascists (1940)
• Basic Concordat (2000)
• Precedence Clause of the Slovak Constitution (2001)
• Concordat on the armed forces (2002)
• Concordat on Catholic education (2004)
• Draft of conscience concordat (2004)
Steps are being taken towards canonising Slovakia's wartime president, Monsignor Josef Tiso (shown in the upper right corner giving the Fascist salute). The Catholic Church is depicting this puppet state of the Nazis as the golden era of Slovakia, when Church and state co-operated to control society.
Most of the documents in this section have been translated into English for the first time. The series begins with a cautious "Modus Vivendi" made with a democratic Czechoslovakia, continues with a remarkable profession of Church approval of the Slovak wartime Fascist regime, (even birthday greetings wishing victory to Hitler), and concludes with the texts of concordats which are meant to help restore that "ideal society" whose president was a priest.